WHAT DOES Huismuziek do?
- Offers a variety of courses each year; 40 music courses with 1000 students! for young and old, beginners and advanced students of classical music, early music, world music, light music and customed arrangements by our teachers. These courses are about playing together.
- Allows member access to the Players Contact Bank , the Teachers Contact Bank and Musicians Bulletin Board . (Click here for more information about memberships).
- Allows Access to the Huismuziek Music Library that houses up to 8000 polyphonic music pieces. Members can borrow music against expenses (postage), but non-members can also borrow music from the library.
- Publishes the Huismuziek Newsletter, which is published twice a year, is packed with information on such matters as courses, teachers and ensemble events.
- Publishes the Huismuziek E-News; our monthly newsletter containing date information of the courses, ensemble projects and tips for the amateur musicians and singers.
- Publishes the 250 Music Annex (sheet music) that appears in each issue of the journal. This music is copyright free and free for download/print for members.
- Offers a discount for instrument insurance to Huismuziek members from the insurance company Zicht BV (ex Zuidstaete)..
- There are 25 independent regional Huismuziek associations across the country. Each "department" are connected ensembles, varying in shape and composition. Membership in a regional association is independent of the national membership.
- Contact Builder, is an important part of Huismuziek. The “Contact Builder” lists about 600 amateur builders, their knowledge and experience about building, sharing of their knowledge of maintaining and repairing musical instruments, and has its own building in Arnhem. Contact Builder organizes six annual building workshops. Contact Builder members information is published four times a year through the Construction Letter.
Category: Ensembles/Performers/Associations/Societies / Societies/Associations
Added on: Jan 31, 2012 | Hits: 554