"Ian Watchorn began his professional career as a maker & repairer of instruments in Sydney, Australia in 1976, moving to Canberra in 1979.
1982 received grants from Australia Council and NSW Premiers Department to study musical instrument conservation at the Germanisches Nationalmuseum, Nürnberg, Germany under Friedemann Hellwig and John Henry van der Meer.
1984 accepted the post of conservator at the Germanisches Nationalmuseum, and was later acting senior conservator there before returning to Australia in 1987.
1987 - 1990 worked on the conservation and collection development for the musical instrument collection at the Power House Museum, Sydney, and later as curator of the same collection.
1990 - present working privately as maker, conservator & consultant in Melbourne, Australia.
Category: Builders/Restorers/Suppliers / String Instruments
Added on: Mar 06, 2008 | Hits: 1157