"Founded by Bernhard Christoph Breitkopf (1695-1777) in Leipzig. The firm initially devoted itself exclusively to the printing of books. Later Breitkopf purchased the "Golden Bear House" near the Thomaskirche and the Nicolaikirche. Its heraldic animal still embellishes the publisher's mark to this day.
Gottfried Christoph Härtel takes over the publishing house (1795) (since then: " Breitkopf & Härtel"). Subsequently, close editorial collaboration with Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Schumann, Liszt, Wagner and Brahms. " See website for more information. (ed.)
Added on: Mar 11, 2008 | Hits: 942