"In twenty-eight years we have built up a collection of about 700 titles which cover practically every aspect of musical literature and of various repertoires stretching from the 15th to the 19th centuries and even the 20th century including:
* theoretical, historical and aesthetic works
* instrumental and singing tutors
* basic monographs
* journals and annuals
* instrumental tablatures (especially for lute, guitar, viol and organ)
* facsimiles of particularly important manuscripts (15th-20th centuries)
* facsimiles of musical scores for harpsichord, flute, piano-forte, viola, violin, voice and instrumental accompaniment and chamber music.
The works listed in the present catalogue have been chosen for their practical values as well as for their rarity. Most will be of interest not only to musicologists but also to musicians concerned with rediscovering authentic early performance practices. The resolution of many a controversy about the interpretation of early music is hindered by the inaccessibility of the relevant sources.
Two or more works have occasionally been printed together in the same volume, when their subjects were related, with the aim of reducing their price. Forewords more or less developed (in English and in French) have been supplied, for the manuscripts series especially, to explain the choice of the work or the edition, to facilitate its use and to provide information on the author and his work.
Besides the Reprints, this catalogue includes many original works, most notably four important continuing series:
* Anthology of music criticism: Press dossier
* Archives of French music publishing
* Musical iconography
* Publications of the Centre de documentation Claude Debussy "
Visit website for more information. (ed.)
Added on: Mar 11, 2008 | Hits: 629