"My studio is a very rare studio dedicated to the research and preservation of the inheritance of European violin-making culture between 1511 and 1789. Brief history:
- I apprenticed to the instrument maker Viktor Oiberman at the age of 11.
- My first studio was opened in St.Petersburg in 1991, shortly after my very first violin received a Diploma at the Russian National Competition of violin-makers in 1991.
- In 1994 I moved to Brussels and dedicated myself to the research into the violin history and aesthetics, including the history of violin repertoire and baroque violin playing (under Sigiswald Kuijken).
- In 2002 I opened my studio in Brussels and made instruments and baroque bows for a few soloists such as Sigiswald Kuijken, Francois Fernandez, Ryo Terakado, Luis Otavio Santos and others, for the members of ensembles such as La Petite Bande, Ricercar Consort, Bach Collegium Japan and some others.
- As whole I made 60 instruments and used to keep a waiting list for both the instruments and bows. The secret is in my appealing approach to the European violin-making in the spirit of the Baroque, and in my ability to play the instruments I make (I graduated from St.Petersburg State and Brussels Royal Conservatories).
- In 2006 I opened my studio in one of the greenest areas of Tokyo, 35 minutes from the city centre."
Visit website for more information. (ed.)
Category: Builders/Restorers/Suppliers / String Instruments
Added on: Mar 23, 2008 | Hits: 1179