(news from the latest newsletter -- ed.)
ELIZABETH WALLFISCH CANCELS DUE TO ILLNESS
Arion Baroque Orchestra, February 16 2012
Due to illness, Elizabeth Wallfisch will not perform at the Ottawa Chamberfest Concert Series presentation of “Commedia Dell-arte” with Arion Baroque Orchestra. Ms. Wallfisch has withdrawn from the remainder of the Orchestra’s concert season. Award-winning violinist Dmitry Sinkovsky will take to the stage in her place.
(CZ) La Pellegrina Summer Workshop: "Baroque music in 415 Hz: Rameau's Indes Galantes" (15-25 jul 2012)
- For: singers (soloists and highly experienced choral singers), instrumentalists (baroque strings, recorder, flute, baroque oboe and bassoon, harpsichord / organ, theorbo, period instruments only, tuning pitch 415 Hz)
- With Enrique Gómez-Cabrero Fernandez, Dirkjan Horringa, Mitchell Sandler, Marco Vitale and others (a teacher for the wind section!)
- Also for Baroque dancers, taught by Dorothée Wortelboer
- Central work: Rameau's Indes Galantes
- This year's central theme is French Baroque, an inexhaustible collection of incredibly beautiful music
- In Bechyně, with semi-staged final performance of Rameau's Indes Galantes at the castle (Vokův sál)
Location: Bechyně, Czech Republic
- For: (choral) singers, strings, winds and pianists; also open to existing ensembles
- With Martina Bernášková, Petr Bernášek, Václav Bernášek, Martina Hájková, Dirkjan Horringa, Josef Kekula, Mitchell Sandler and others
- Chamber music / chamber choir and large symphony orchestra and choir conducted by Dirkjan Horringa
- Central works: Beethoven's Mass in C op. 86 and a symphony by his contemporary Pavel Vranický
- In Bechyně
- New With musical programme for children of all ages
19 anonymous guests on-line.
You are an anonymous guest.
Translate this Page
Google Language Tools
Magnatune mini browser
(Note: This will open a new window. (ed.))
Does your music group/ organization
have Early Music News for all to read?
Summer Workshops 2013
The “Summer Workshop and Festival 2012” season has come and gone! Have you posted a review of a recent workshop on your site or blog page? Let us know and we will mention it on our news pages. Feel free to browse our summer workshops list, it is never too early to plan for the next installment of summer workshops. Let us know if we have missed a workshop listing or if updated information is needed. Summer Workshop Organizers: let us know of your plans as your summer workshop details are finalized for 2013. Visit our Summer Workshop Links ("Web Links" section) for past/next year summer workshop details. Should you wish, you may also browse our news articles filtered by “Workshops/ Festivals 2013” category for more “up-to-the-minute” details of this year’s workshops. All of the best of wishes to everyone during this wonderful fall/ winter/ spring concert season and plan early for the summer of 2013 summer workshop season! Merry musik making. (ed.)
Choose the “News Categories” to filter your news items by categories. There are presently over 1600 news articles that have appeared on the site.
"Web Links" are searched on the "Web Links" page of the site where you will find a search window dedicated to the more than 2600 Early Music weblinks.
Visit our “Calendar” page to view events sorted by regions and categories.
“Website font size” If you find the font too small, press the“ Control “ key down (Ctrl) and tap the “ +“ key till you find the font size more readable. Pressing the Ctrl key and tapping the“ - “ key will reduce the font size. To return to the default font size press the Control key down (Ctrl) and tap the“0” (zero) key. This should work for any modern browser such as Firefox; IE; Safari; etc.
To activate your newsfeed, click on the newsfeed icon next to your browser's URL window (if the newsfeed icon is missing choose this link: EarlyMusicNews Feed and choose your setting for the feed. You will then be able to see any news additions to the site in your "Bookmarks" or "Favourites" toolbar without even visiting the site. If you find a particular item of interest, choose that item and you will be taken to the http://www.EarlyMusicNews.org site to read that particular article. Feeds for specific news categories are also available on the “News Categories” page. (ed.)