“This calculator is useful only for calculating the tensions and diameters of strings made of homogeneous material!
The mathematics and measuring for ex. wound strings is much
more complicated, and is not included in the possibilities of my calculator. The calculator is programmed as a Java applet. That means that your browser must enable Java. Very early versions of Java are not supported.
The basic use of the calculator is:
- Set the note and tuning properties.
- Set the string properties.
- Now there are two basic ways:
- Set some diameter of a string and calculate the tension. This is useful for example, when you want to know "Can I use this string for that course?"
- Set some tension of a string and calculate the diameter. This is useful, for example, if you already know that some string feels good, and you want to find out, what diameter to use to get the same tension for some other course and note.“
Visit website for more information. (Java is needed to run the Calculator) (ed.)
Category: Music Software of Interest
Added on: May 25, 2011 | Hits: 991